Followers

Friday 18 March 2011

New Format - A Scrapling

Last week at Just for Fun they asked for a new technique, I made a card with Faux Linen, using my favourite new poppy stamp from La Blanche. I have again used the same stamp for this week's challenge which is to use a new format, something we haven't made before. I made a scrapling. What is a scrapling? Some may be asking. When making a card from an A4 piece of card or similar US size, there is a piece of card which is cut off from the full length of the sheet, when folded in half this becomes a scrapling, which is useful either as a card, a bookmark or even suitable for notelets with a C6 envelope. I lightly coloured the edges with Worn Lipstick.
All the colouring of the poppies has been done with watercolour pencils, but I didn't add water to it. I stamped a swirl at the edges to give dimension. Thanks for looking.

Many thanks to my followers, I am thrilled and honoured at how the numbers have increased over the last few weeks. I greatly appreciate any and all comments made in this wonderful blogging community. Thank you.
I realise there are also many who check in who maybe are not bloggers who can't make comments, thank you for looking and I hope you enjoy your visits. My visitor counter has shown there has been terrific interest over the past few months so again to every visitor, thank you.

15 comments:

  1. Love your card, a scrapling is new to me as well. Love that poppy stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh thanks for explaining what a scrapling was - I have seen it mentioned a couple of times and never knew what it is. I love the la blanche stamps - I have the little boy on the toadstool - they are marvelously detailed - and I love your poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Cazro, love the stamp & your fab colouring.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that stamp, and your treatment of it is gorgeous. A scrapling is the perfect platform thank you for joining us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely scrapling card :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at JFF
    Von xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Caz, I can see why that stamp is your new favourite. Hugs Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is lovely, love the stamp you have chosen as well

    hugs
    judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I will need to try a scrapling soon. Love the way you've coloured this

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not seen or heard of scrapling before but having seen your creation I think I will need to try that

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love scraplings there a great way to use up our little scraps hence the name. Yours is beautiful and that stamp is perfect.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Caz - never tried scraplings maybe its a wild card waiting to happen LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh just love your scrapling Cazro, what a great use for the leftovers, and that stamp is fab and fits perfectly.

    Thanks for sharing and playing along with us again this week over on JFF - Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely scrapling - and my favourite flowers too. Beautifully coloured in also.
    I am sure I have seen bookmarks which are double like a scrapling and have some magnetic thing in somewhere so they snap shut over the book page - must investigate.
    Thanks for joining us at JFF.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful.....I love the stamp, and colours. I've never heard of scrapling before, so thanks for the info :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning Card.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete