Followers

Monday 11 July 2011

Creative Expressions Calling Card Challenge

It's a true saying, "You have to be in it to win it!" Creative Expressions,  my favourite British stamp company are for the first time seeking a Design Team of 6 people.  Last week, I decided to give it a try, I needed to make an interesting card for my son's forthcoming birthday so this card was partly in the visual planning stage.
More details are available if you click on Creative Expressions above. There are no special requirements, any make of stamps can be used, the title of the project is Calling Card, an ATC is required to be featured on the project. My oldest son was in the RAF for 12 years, he has always been interested in aviation. Nowadays, this interest has develoepd into being part of a world wide internet group of similar minded persons who have flight control and flying simulation exercises and activities. The Vintage Aviation and Time sets of stamps from Creative Expressions were the ideal sets of stamps for his birthday card and for my entry to Creative Expressions to be considered to be part of the design team.



I choose an 8 x8 sq. inch cream card for my background. The background of the card is a graphic sheet from Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby Paper Stash, I distressed the edges with a pair of scissors. I then stamped various aeroplane  and  clocks with dials stamps randomley on the background sheet. The areoplane with the banner being ideal to add Happy Birthday from my stash. I then added TH Distress ink Walnut Stain around all the edges, to add more contrast and dimension.

Using my Cuttlebug and the largest of the small scalloped octogon Spellbinders, I produced the circle focal point, upon which I used the hot air balloon stamp, three times, using a masking technique with two different ink pads, Memento Tuxedo Black  and Memento Rich Cocoa, To add further interest I stamped the balloon onto shrink plastic to produce a smaller balloon to add to the scene.

My vision of the required Calling Card, is something a hot air balloon owner would be handing as his calling card to interest people to buy a ticket and have an adventure by going for  a balloon ride. I used paper from the same stash as the main background, stamped two balloons, masking one first to be able to add a second, appearing behind it. Stamped onto spare pieces of blue paper, various words, cut them up to fit onto the ATC. The ATC fits nicely onto the main card with the strap I cut and stamped Enjoy the Journey, two brads hold the strap in place, giving another point of interest.

On the main background of the card, the central focal point and the Calling Card ATC, I have added words to add further interest. Also throughout are small washers and pieces of metal, from my husband's tin of goodies. They were prouced as if by magic, when I said I wanted some small washers, he got the tin back, but I dont think he will be keeping it, do you?
Thanks for this amazing opportunity to be part of the Design Team for Creative Expressions.
Within a short time of entering the above card, I discovered over on Ink On My Fingers ran by Hels Sheriden their current Sunday Samper Challenge No 46 is Flight, well, it is a foregone conclusion, I am entering this card into the challenge.

10 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic Caz. Good Luck. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creation Caz, good luck with the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Creation Caz....good luck with the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, so many fabulous details! Good luck with the DT call :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card but my favourite is the calling card. I love the layout of it and the washers are a great touch. Your poor husband - he walked right into that one didn't he?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab fab fab.... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper.. apologies for my late visit.. been on my holidays :O))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, great details! Good luck with the DT call. x

    ReplyDelete