Followers

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Anything Goes at TIOT

As this is the 3rd Tuesday in the mont at Try It On Tuesday, it is time for us to create Anything we like, no theme, no requirements, the world is your oyster, so to speak. I need to catch up on my self made committment to Janet for her Poppy  Card Appeal so I took this opportunity and have made six of the bookmarks, featured above. I first coloured a sheet of card with Old Paper DI, then scrunched it up, to create lots of creases, smoothed it out, and brushed it with Vintage Photo DI to darken part of the card. I then stamped it with my favourite crackle stamp from Creative Expressions with black ink. I stamped the poppy in black, and embossed with clear powder. I used Mustard Seed, Barn Red, Fire Brick Red, Black Soot DIs and a dark green copic pen to colour in the poppies, leaves and stems. I look forward to see your creations over the next week. Above all have fun and enjoy creating. 

4 comments:

  1. What a stunning effect. this is beautiful and elegant
    Today i have a 24 hour only freebie of christmas images, if you would like it, please drop by and grab it asap as it will be gone tomorrow (UK am time ) Hope you like it
    have a wonderful day
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Caz and I am touched with your dedication to the Poppy appeal call too. i did a magazine interview last week for it too so it will be well publicised :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Caz and really like the crackle effect too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bookmark Caz, love the background you created. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete