Followers

Monday 8 August 2011

CAS at Cards for Men

Over at Cards for Men and Boys, the challenge this week is Clean and Simple. Some time ago, I saw this technique, which I am calling Split Negative, I tried several times without success. Today I tried again and it worked so well. Everything comes to he who waits, so they say. I stamped with Versamark and used white embossing powder onto black card, then stamped onto white card, using black ink and clear embossing powder. The trick then is to mount them one on the other exactly, I then cut the square to 6sq cm.,  checked again the position of the bike then cut the card at 3 cm. I have another two pieces left so I can make another card. I matted and layered on white and black card. Added black and silver card candy down the two scalloped edges and made it a tent card. I hope you like my card, however, many thanks for visiting me, I always look forward to your comments.
I am also entering this into  the Secret Crafter Monochrome (Black and White only) challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Caz, this is super, another new technique to try, it sounds real interesting. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Caz, love the black and white and need to try out that technique too

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous creation and great use of the black and white, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have new candy if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous. Love what you have done to the image. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the monochrome - great card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful creation

    Thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE and good luck !

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really great card. I love it! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and leaving words of encouragement. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab card! I love that two tone image- stunning. Thanks for playing along with our CAS challenge at Cards For Men.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men Challenge. You did a great job making your card Clean and Simple. I love seeing you creations. Good luck on the challenge.
    Hugz, Patricia

    ReplyDelete