Followers

Saturday 7 April 2012

Postcard Challenge Week 14.........

........jets us off to Singapore. I knew 3 things about Singapore before the challenge, Raffles Hotel, a Singapore Sling and of course of the Japanese invasion during WW2. Darcy at the Postcard Weekly Challenge who is our Hostess and senior guide around the world certainly knows how to make our journey interesting as well as educational. Do pop over to her blog to see the art and stories of my fellow travelling companions. I found during my research '40 Interesting Facts of Singapore' for your perusal, worth a visit if like me, you find these facts quite amazing. 

I did find this journey more difficult than some others, until I found the Jurong Bird Park, this is the largest  in the world for the number of birds they have, many of which are very exotic in their colours. It is the second largest in the world as far as acreage. I stamped the exotic bird using an Inkadinkado stamp and feather. Coloured it with mica powders and Promarkers, I have added lots of bling with gemstones and gold embossing powder.


Oh dear, do you think from this Herminone may be in trouble? Are her parents over reacting or are their concerns to be expected. Just as well they don't know all she is getting up to. 

11 comments:

  1. Stunning Caz, I love the tropical feel to this postcard!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful postcard. Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great postcard. Beautiful colours and a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card, I love your choice of stamps and all the added bling really bring it to life. The touches of red really tie in with the flag too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful postcard and a wonderful take on the theme.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great postcard Caz. I think its best her folks don't know what she gets up to at school.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the feathers and the swirls. Great postcard! Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great postcard Caz. Lovely images and very colourful.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asian and tropical for Singapore. Well done! ♥
    Wonder what's so wrong with Quidditch? It's a contact sport and a bit high up in the air but with all those wizards around I'm sure it's a pretty safe game, don't you think??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful postcard, love it. Been away so a rather belated Happy Easter to you.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete