Followers

Monday 15 October 2012

Fluer de Lys

Continuing our lovely month in France, at Make My Monday, this week our challenge is to use the Fleur de Lys - a French Lily, used throughout Europe but is known particularly for it's use by the French monarchy in history, continuing to be popular in use today. There were some wonderful entries last week and I again look forward to viewing your blogs and your entries for this week. Maybe these topics are a little more challenging but please do have a go, for learning and experimenting, pushing the boundaries can be fun.

I coloured the background of my card with several TH Distress inks and then stamped the Fleur de lys, from a Paperartsty set - Egg and Nog #.  The main image a Crafty Individuals stamp -CI 260 - was laid on several complimentary layers, tied with a ribbon, 3 black gems added.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love the colours and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Caz. The background is lovely and your inking fabulous. Such a lovely image too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card, Love the stamp image. Bernice..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caz, these colors are absolutely amazing! And a fabulous main image--so gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colouring Caz - it's a beautiful card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your kind comment Caz - it's so appreciated! I have to say I love that image you've used and the colours are just gorgeous - right up my street! The other thing I really like is the way you used your fleur de lys image randomly placed in the background - a great idea!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm now your latest follower too!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete