Followers

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Give us an inch x 3 please?

This week, at Try It On Tuesdays, it's time for our 'Wild Card' or even 'Wild Project', because it doesn't have to be a card, I jumped in to choose Inchies. We are trying to get both novices and experienced crafters to try or have another go at different techniques as the weeks pass by. Not everyone enjoys making inchies but for me they provide an interesting way to produce a different type of card, so please do have a go. Janet has said there will be a surprise prize for the winner, so good luck to everyone who joins in. To create my card, I first cut 9 x 1" squares of white mountboard. To reduce the brightness of the white I coloured 4 squares with Antique Linen and five squares with Old Paper. I then stuck them with temporary glue dispenser onto a piece of card, I stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black, heat set it. I then coloured the leaves with a green pencil. The flowers were coloured with Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey, used as a watercolour. Later when dry I covered the petals with Glossy Accents to give the glazed effect. I used white glitter and a gold Sakura pen for the small additions on the pattern. The stamp used is from a Kay Carley Funky Flowers set available from the Stampman. When all was dry, I removed from the temporary position and seperated the tiles.
They were then placed on a black piece of card. Matted onto a piece of paper from my stash and a ribbon added. Hope you have fun with this month's technique, I look forward to visiting your blogs.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Great idea to mute the squares first, I love the mosaic image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, can I Thank-you for the kind comments left on my blog, and I've taken your advice. This card is beautiful and so perfect. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty card not tried this technique but may have to give it a whirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful creation

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of patience involved here Caz, but so worth it. I have lusted after that Kay Carley set for a while, it makes such a beautiful focal point.

    Do you happen to know where your paper came from in your stash? I really like the look of it and it goes so well with the image.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Carole, you've matched the colours up perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete