Followers

Monday 17 October 2011

Week 6 The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge

For my second entry onto my blog today I am entering my calendar page into The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge, which  is up to week 6, the challenge is Turquoise and Lace. This has been the most difficult for me, for what is Turquoise? A bluey-green, not easy to create.  However, I think I managed to achieve it with the butterflies. I coloured the base with Broken China, gave a couple of quick short sprays with Moon Glow Desert Moon Endless Sky and Sprinky's Amethyst for a little contrast. I cut out  leaves from a piece of patterned paper and stuck the shapes on the base card. Added the lace and the calendar.
I love these Tattered Butterflies by Lyndsay Mason from Personal Impressions, I stamped them onto a sheet of copy paper, which had been previously sprayed with various sprays during one of my messy sessions.

11 comments:

  1. Great page and wonderful use of the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning calender page, I may try this for 2013 as don't think I have enough time for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super callender page Caz, I loved your inchies as well. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still struggling to get the turquoise colour!
    But you have managed it beautifully love the background colour x

    ReplyDelete
  5. really wonderful...I agree the butterflies have the perfect turquoise color

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of lace & I think you've got the turquoise right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful !! thanks for playing with us !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your turquoise is a pretty shade. I struggled with this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there Cazero, Well you managed beautifully, turquoise it is and very pretty butterflies too, gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry, I mistyped your name Cazro, a slip of the finger, note to self, must be more careful, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete