Followers

Monday 17 September 2012

Vintage Childhood

We had some stunning Vintage Wedding cards for last week's challenge at Make My Monday, I felt I wanted to go to a wedding. LOL. This week Val has chosen Vintage Childhood for us for the challenge. I look forward once again to visiting to see your interpretation of the theme. Here is my card. Firstly I would like to thank Val who directed me towards a Free digital downloads blog - check on my blog on the right side, the one with the hand pointing. This is where I found this wonderful image.
I decided to use a selection of Distress Inks TH which I used as watercolour paints. The hair and skin were coloured with Promarkers. The backing papers were from my stash and the bunting is from a Funkyhand CD.  Have fun everyone, I'll be popping round to see you all very soon. Many thanks for the comments which I always greatly appreciate. 

10 comments:

  1. Oh that image just jumped out at me on the blog list! You have seriously done justice to it. SO vintage, really helped by usind DI as watercolours methinks. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really gorgeous card Caz and the image is so sweet and vintage. Love the bunting addition too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the adorable image.
    Hope all goes well for the Geordie Meet, I will be thinking of you all.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful image, hun - your card looks great.

    Getting excited now, only 5 more sleeps! Lol. C u soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caz - fabulous card. This also reminds me of stuff we used to do. Not too far away from us is the River Loddon, and my father used to walk us across the fields to it - fo messing about and and to teach us to swim! Just image swimming in some rivers today ....

    Hugs
    Valx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caz, I ADORE your darling image and the pennants are the perfect addition! Gorgeous use of texture, too! Fabulous card--LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is lovely Caz. Such a gorgeous vintage image so beautifully coloured. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Caz, I really like this card, love the image and its soft watercolours. The bunting is the perfect embellishment.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caz ...this is a lovely card. That image is a timeless beauty! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Caz, I love this gorgeous card with the lovely happy image.
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete