Followers

Monday 10 September 2012

Vintage Wedding

We had some really beautiful Vintage Fashion projects on our return last week from our summer break. It is now time at Make My Monday to make a Vintage Wedding card or other project, as long as you adhere to the theme. Modern wedding cards can be very nice, but I really like the way our ancestors in past years seemed to create such beautiful cards. Remember Vintage does not mean Victorian, it can be any past age. Coincidentally, it is 46 years today since my husband and I were married, now that's what I call vintage.
I have made an 8" sq card. I used a ivory, pink and beige card throughout, for white weddings were not the fashion of this era. I used my favourite embossing folder Christmas Vines which looks good for any card, not just Christmas,  A little beige lace, pearls and flowers to embellish. A beautiful small stamp of  a bible with pretty flowers, source unknown, purchased from E-bay. The main image is from a La Blanche stamp. I used Promarkers to colour the image. I have left space on the top right panel, to add a personalised sentiment at a later date. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Caz

    First of all CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding anniversary. We were 39 on the 8th.

    This is beautiful, I love the main image, very serene and just right for the style of card you have made.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caz--congratulations on your anniversary! We're coming up 8 years in November. I LOVE being married! :) Your card is so gorgeous! I LOVE the soft colors and the images are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations on your anniversary Caz - how lovely to have been married as long.
    Gorgeous card and I really love that image so will have to investigate.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a lovely anniversary Carol. This is a beautiful card. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete